The 37th Annual Lake of the Woods Fine Art Show and Sale is now one for the history books and what a wonderful weekend of art and community fellowship it was! We could not have hoped for a more beautiful weekend to hold our event and “be paired” with LOWLINC Art of Wine fundraiser. Hundreds of our LOW friends and neighbors visited the Show and found something special for themselves or an unique gift for family or friend. We thank everyone who came out in support of our LOW artists, authors and woodworkers!
Special thanks are due to:
- Glynn Smith and Jim Klein of the LOW Woodworking Club - for coordinating a wonderful collaboration between woodworkers and artists in creating six delightful wooden pull toy animals for our raffle in support of OCPS art programs. You and your team did a wonderful job – thank you.
- Rick Rappoport - also a member of the Woodworking Club, for donating a stunning wood cutting board for our raffle. Thanks, Rick!
- The Community Center staff – Tracie, Amber and Taylor – for helping us with event preparations. We appreciate all you do for us!
- Ryan Richardson – Thank you for making space for our “raffle team” to do advance raffle ticket sales at the Clubhouse during the dinner hour on 4 different evenings.
- LOWLINC Art of Wine leadership, particularly Cheryl Brown and Steve Hein, for cross-promotional efforts to help spread the word about both events. Cheers to another successful “pairing!”
- John Lentine, Chair of the OCPS Art Program – Many thanks for coordinating the student art display at the show and providing LOW Arts with a special certificate of recognition for our ongoing support of the arts in the Orange County Public Schools.
- Our visitors who bought raffle tickets to support OCPS art programs. It was a great success, raising more than $2000. Thank you for your support. All winners have been contacted and were thrilled with their prizes.
Next up for LOW Arts - watch for our “Pop Up Online Gallery Shop” for holiday shopping in November.